Soar Environmental Consulting, Inc. seeking a mid-level environmental consultant with a strong background in wildlife biology, geology or engineering to conduct CEQA/NEPA documentation and related analyses, develop various environmental permits, create environmental compliance plans, and manage the implementation of mitigation measures and permit conditions. This position includes researching General and Specific Plans, creating Initial Studies and analyzing effects related to CEQA/ NEPA requirements. The position includes working with diverse crews and team members to implement field mitigation measures and permit conditions. Further, this position will conduct CEQA/ NEPA initial studies, prepare CEQA/NEPA documentation, as well as develop and analyze project alternatives. This candidate will have experience in preparing permit application packages and amendments, managing schedules, creating environmental management plans and recommendations.
- Preparing and/or reviewing CEQA/NEPA documents with pertinent sections related to biology, hydrology, geology, and/or hazardous waste
- Providing oversight to technical field teams including managing timelines, ensuring the efficient and accurate collection of data; and reviewing reports for completeness and accuracy
- Developing compliance plans, Permit Conditions and EIR/EIS Mitigation Measures
- Creating project scoping letters and proposals
- Preparing project schedules and flowcharts; researching the status of current legislation that affects projects
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher
- Experience implementing regulatory agency conditions on large projects
- Four or more years of experience in wildlife biology, environmental compliance, geology, hazardous waste management, planning, or similar.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state permitting processes
- MS is environmental science, geology, or engineering
- Six or more years of relevant professional experience in planning or the biological sciences
- Strong technical writing skills and critical thinking skills;
- Knowledge of local, state and federal Mitigation Measures & Permit conditions
- Working knowledge of GIS use and database applications
- Developing Biological Assessments and/or Biological Evaluations and assessing project impacts
- Preparing permit application packages for projects requiring coverage under §§404 and 401 of the Clean Water Act and §1601 of the California Fish and Game Code
Interested applicants please provide a cover letter, résumé, and examples of technical writing to: email@example.com.
For more information on Environmental Consulting jobs please contact Soar Environmental Consultants via telephone listed below or send résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org. Soar Environmental Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Come Soar With Us!
Soar Environmental Consulting, Inc. – Proudly a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)(CVE) and a Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE)
559.547.8884 | soarhere.com